Everyone is interested in having a luxurious head full of hair. Hair loss is a problem that affects both women and men, but in the modern society, this issue is less acceptable in women. In fact, 40 % of the hail loss suffers in the United States are women. The affected people have been applying different methods to fight this condition.
Some individuals have turned to conventional hair loss products, while others have turned to hair replacement surgeries. In addition to that, there are many vitamins and foods for promoting hair growth. These foods can be helpful in reversing your hair loss. Natural remedies such as rosemary essential oils are also effective like the conventional products.
Which are the top remedies for hair loss?
This article is going to discuss the natural remedies used in treating hair loss. Apart from treating hair loss, these products and methods are useful in promoting healthy hair growth. Dietary improvements, reducing stress, and other lifestyle changes can also be helpful in improving hair growth.
Foods to eat
There are different types of foods that are useful in fending off hair loss. A nutrient-rich diet is helpful in supporting the growth of healthy hair.
- Pumpkin seeds-These seeds are rich in zinc. Zinc is one of the essential minerals needed for promoting hair growth. Deficiency of zinc is associated with hair loss and hypothyroidism.
- Organic foods-These are chemical-free foods. Chemicals found in other foods are known for interfering with the hair growth process by acting as endocrine disrupters.
- Green tea-This tea is loaded with antioxidants that promote hair growth and detoxification. It is also helpful in stopping the conversion of the hormones testosterone into DHT.
- Wild-caught fish-Fish such as salmon are loaded with essential omega-3 fatty acids that support hair growth and thickening as well as decreasing inflammation.
- Caffeine-Caffeine is effective in spurring hair growth by stimulating the hair shafts causing them to grow fast. It does this by neutralizing the effects of associated with DHT. DHT is a substance that slows hair growth in humans.
- Bone broth-Bone broth is rich in amino acids, collagen, and proteins all of which encourage hair growth.
Foods to avoid
The following are some of the foods that you should avoid.
- Processed foods-These foods are loaded with unhealthy sugars, fats, and sodium. They are counter productive to hair growth.
- Alcohol-Excessive consumption of alcohol can lead to inflammation and toxicity of the liver both of which leads to hair loss. Heavy smoking and drinking are associated with hair loss.
- Trans fatty acids-These are the unhealthy fats that promote inflammation leading to hair loss. These fats can also lead to overproduction of DHT. These fats are found in hydrogenated oils such as soybean oil and corn oil.